Thursday, April 27, 2006

Double Rainbows

I saw one Tuesday. And every time I see one (double or not) I can't help but feel that it is magical. I know there is a scientific explanation. But I don't think magic has to be unexplainable to be magic. When you think about it, what happens when light is filtered through water is really very strange and wonderful.

Incidentally, this picture was taken by someone (not me) in Kauai. We saw several while we were there too. It's no coincidence that Hawaii's license plate has a rainbow.

3 comments:

The Giggleman said...

Double the gold, baby, double the gold.

Jama said...

Whenever I see a rainbow or the colors of the spectrum from a crystal, I have a hunch that a little bit of the light of heaven is spilling over into the shadowlands of earth. Those colors are . . . luminous and pure, don't you think?

A Magic Bean Buyer said...

I agree-there is something different about those colors-they're "lightcolors"