Monday, June 26, 2006

Childhood Friends

There is something special about knowing someone since before they had inhibitions. You forge a connection. J, my mom, and I were looking through family pictures yesterday afternoon and came upon this one. He (yes, he!) isn't blood related. But he might as well be. And when you have people you call family even though they don't share the same tree, well, that qualifies as a bean.
Plus, I just really wanted this picture posted for the world to see! He doesn't do this anymore. All testosterone!

4 comments:

Jama said...

Didn't Charles Dickens portray the ghost of Christmas past as a old woman/young boy? Perhaps . . . no, surely not!

Wesley Son of Cornelius said...

This little boy has grown into a fine young MAN. He does MANLY things now. He takes out the garbage, shaves, and occasionally spits (actually I .. I mean he .. doesn't spit much since I, that is he, still considers it gross).

PS: I'll remember that you posted this. :-D

Jama said...

He IS a fine young man. And, gentleMEN do not spit in public, so he is a gentleMAN. He is quite the servant-leader, too.

Alan said...

Oh my! That is some picture. I never would have guessed if he hadn't given it away. I wonder if Dally-Ho has seen it yet.